November 13 is World Kindness Day. Gathered here are just a handful of local stories we've written where someone gave back, or supported someone else in a time of need — this week alone.
This week alone, people supported Pete's Kitchen, helped a fellow farming family in need, paid respect to veterans, and reflected on what it means to give kids a place to call home.
How will you show kindness today? Tomorrow?
- Jesusa Christians
On Monday morning, area farmers from Winnebago County joined forces to help life-long community members and farm family La Vurne and Sharon Jo…
- Jared McNett
"We gather today to remember our military personnel. We acknowledge that their service provides for our security, gives us the freedom to speak our mind, to vote, to worship and to pursue the good of our neighbors."
- Jerry Smith
David Gilbert has gone through the gamut of emotions during the hundreds of military funerals he has attended.
- Grace Zaplatynsky
November is National Adoption Month, and there are local children in need of adoptive or foster parents. Scot and Terri Orton are two Mason City parents of six adopted kids and one foster kid and the recent legal guardians of another.
As featured on
- Pete's Kitchen puts out call for support, residents respond in full force
- Ever experienced a cryoseism?
- Water Plant superintendent: Clear Lake officially iced in
- Hawkeye Poll: Warren tops, but most Iowa caucusgoers undecided
- Missing University of Iowa student believed to be in Iowa River
- 14 at-risk students receive free dental services