Three Mason City residents are in custody and additional arrests are pending after a traffic stop led to a search warrant in Mason City on Tuesday afternoon, officials say.
According to a press release from the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office, Angela Marie Rasmussen, 42, was seen by deputies leaving a residence at 320 24th Street Southwest in a stolen 2007 Volkswagen.
Rasmussen was stopped and subsequently arrested and charged with operating without owners consent, possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while barred, the release read.
A search warrant was requested and executed, resulting in the arrest of Mark Edward Torres, 46, for possession of meth and drug paraphernalia, as well as the arrest of 32-year-old Rusty Lewis Kopps, who is facing a parole violation charge, according to the report.
Deputies noted that there were other subjects in the house who are also facing charges, but no additional names have been made available.
Kopps, Torres, and Rasmussen are all being held at the Cerro Gordo County Jail. No court dates were immediately known.
What a Globe Gazette News+ membership can do for you:
- A deeper examination of local issues than you'll find anywhere else.
- Two products in one – not everything that's in the print edition of the Globe Gazette is on our website, and not everything on our website is in the print edition.
- Access to newspapers.com archives dating back two years.
- The ability to carry your local news with you and receive alerts instantly as news unfolds.
- Advertising that frequently gets you deals you won't find anywhere else.
You can join here (https://bit.ly/2PtWJs1) for as little as $5 a month.