CLEAR LAKE - Officials believe an electrical fire destroyed a rural Clear Lake barn Saturday.
At about 10:04 a.m. Saturday, Clear Lake Fire Department was dispatched to the 19000 block of Hickory Avenue in rural Clear Lake for a report of a barn fire.
The Ventura Fire Department was requested for aid due to the rural location of the fire and no nearby fire hydrants, Clear Lake Fire Department said in a release.
When the fire crew arrived, the barn was fully engulfed in fire and efforts were focused on protecting the nearby home, silos and workshop from further damage.
The residence, two grain silos and a workshop did sustain heat damage. Fire Department staff remained on scene for two and a half hours.
The barn, which had been used to store construction materials and equipment, was a total loss.
According to Clear Lake Fire Department the fire began in the loft area of the barn.
The property is owned by Shannon and John Furst and they had attempted to control the fire before the Fire Department’s arrival, the fire department said.
There were no injuries.