Due to the number of confirmed cases of influenza in the area, MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center has updated visitor restrictions. The medical center implements visitor restrictions when there are confirmed cases of influenza in the area and updates its restrictions based on influenza activity.
Current visitor restrictions include:
• No one under age 18 is allowed to make visits to patients in the hospital
• If you have respiratory or flu like symptoms, do not visit (fever, cough, vomiting, sore throat, diarrhea)
You have free articles remaining.
• OB visitation is restricted to significant other and grandparents
• Pediatric visitor restriction is limited to parents and grandparents
• Patients in isolation are limited to significant other and parents plus two visitors
There may be circumstances that need special consideration. In those cases families should call the nurse in charge on the unit they wish to visit before coming to the hospital.