Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Mason City Fire Department responded to house fire on Wednesday
alert top story

Mason City Fire Department responded to house fire on Wednesday

{{featured_button_text}}
Fire weblogo

A Tuesday night house fire at 920 South Tennessee in Mason City’s Regency Area had firefighters on-scene for a few hours to contain the blaze started by an electrical service line.

The Mason City Fire Department said in a press release on Friday that the fire was accidental. A tree limb had broken off and fell on the electrical service line to the building, according to the press release.

Support Local Journalism

Your membership makes our reporting possible.
{{featured_button_text}}

Mason City Fire Marshall Jamey Medlin said that the residents were not injured from the fire. Medlin also said that the building was not a complete loss, with the fire staying in the attic area of the building.

The fire department responded to the call at 10:17pm on June 9 and quickly extinguished the fire. Overhaul was completed and units returned to service at 12:06am.

The property damage is thought to be around $25,000, according to Medlin. The single family household belonged to Zachary Lensing, with a net assessed value of $121,410. 

Abby covers education and public safety for the Globe Gazette. Follow her on Twitter at @MkayAbby. Email her at Abby.Koch@GlobeGazette.com

0
0
0
0
0

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News