Those looking to possibly score some farmland in the Mason City area may well be in luck.
Through December 14, the Mason City Airport Commission is soliciting bids to lease about 233 acres of farmland which is divided among parcels at the Mason City Municipal Airport.
According to a notice, bids may be for one, two or three year terms beginning March 1, 2021 and should be accompanied by a statement containing "the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three parties familiar with the bidder’s cash rent farming and land management practices."
Bids are due at the office of the Mason City Airport Manager.
What a Globe Gazette News+ membership can do for you:
- A deeper examination of local issues than you'll find anywhere else.
- Two products in one – not everything that's in the print edition of the Globe Gazette is on our website, and not everything on our website is in the print edition.
- Access to newspapers.com archives dating back two years.
- The ability to carry your local news with you and receive alerts instantly as news unfolds.
- Advertising that frequently gets you deals you won't find anywhere else.
You can join here (https://bit.ly/2PtWJs1) for as little as $5 a month.
Jared McNett covers local government for the Globe Gazette. You can reach him at Jared.McNett@globegazette.com or by phone at 641-421-0527. Follow Jared on Twitter at @TwoHeadedBoy98.
Get local news delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.