East State Street in downtown Mason City will be the latest closure for travelers to keep in mind when out and about.
Starting Monday, a portion of East State Street between North Federal Avenue and North Delaware Avenue will be shut down to through traffic.
According to City Administrator Aaron Burnett, the closure is necessary for the placement of underground utilities and new concrete as part of the Alliant Energy Commercial Alley project which has already caused closures on First Street Northeast, Second Street Northeast and Third Street Northeast.
You have free articles remaining.
Elsewhere in town, the city on Wednesday set up a detour on North Monroe Avenue to allow workers to do sanitary sewer repairs.
It's been a summer of construction in the River City with the $12 million project to complete a 12-mile stretch of Hwy. 122 being the largest example. Even East State Street, between Federal and Delaware, has been previously closed. And paving stone installation at the nearby Southbridge Mall plaza caused the Mason City Municipal Band to relocate.
What a Globe Gazette News+ membership can do for you:
- A deeper examination of local issues than you'll find anywhere else.
- Two products in one – not everything that's in the print edition of the Globe Gazette is on our website, and not everything on our website is in the print edition.
- Access to newspapers.com archives dating back two years.
- The ability to carry your local news with you and receive alerts instantly as news unfolds.
- Advertising that frequently gets you deals you won't find anywhere else.
You can join here (https://bit.ly/2PtWJs1) for as little as $5 a month.