Any resident in Mason City still in need of yard waste collecting doesn't have a lot of time left.
On Friday, Mason City's Sanitation Division is ceasing yard waste removal services for the season. After that point in time, Mason City residents will need to take their yard waste to the Landfill of North Iowa (located at 15942 Killdeer Ave. in Clear Lake).
In a release shared by Assistant to the Administrator Pamela Stecker, the city reminded residents to keep the areas around any yard waste bags free and clear of snow.
Collection will resume in the springtime.
You have free articles remaining.
In May, the city council approved rate increases for water, sewer and sanitation.
Sanitation rates shifted from $11.10 a month for each single-family dwelling to $11.65 a month. That charge is for collection of one bag and one collection of recyclables or yard waste per week. As has been the case, a $1.20 sticker would be attached to each additional bag.
For sewer charges, the flat administrative charge went from $4.89 to $5.01 (in addition to the per 100 cubic feet change from $2.372 to $2.432).
And administrative charges on water meters ticked up to $6.28 from $6.07.
What a Globe Gazette News+ membership can do for you:
- A deeper examination of local issues than you'll find anywhere else.
- Two products in one – not everything that's in the print edition of the Globe Gazette is on our website, and not everything on our website is in the print edition.
- Access to newspapers.com archives dating back two years.
- The ability to carry your local news with you and receive alerts instantly as news unfolds.
- Advertising that frequently gets you deals you won't find anywhere else.
You can join here (https://bit.ly/2PtWJs1) for as little as $5 a month.