Motorists in Mason City looking to drive down a section of 3rd Street NE will have to find alternate routes this week.
City officials have said that a section of the road between North Federal Avenue and North Delaware Avenue will be closed to through traffic beginning Wednesday.
That closure is expected to last for three days and is being done to place new concrete along 3rd Street NW as a part of the Alliant Energy Commercial Alley project.
The construction work is just the last bit to sprout up in Mason City this year.
You have free articles remaining.
The $12 million project to complete a 12-mile stretch of Highway 122 is running all summer long and has agitated business owners along the route because of the disruption its had.
In late-March, the city started replacing downtown traffic signals on South Delaware Avenue at the intersections of 2nd Street SE and 1st Street SE as part of a $1.51 million project that should be completed by the end of this construction season, 2019.
Even slightly outside downtown, US-18 Eastbound, which overlaps with 65, is seeing construction between 65 and County Road S-56 (near Mason City). That work also has traffic reduced to one lane and a width limit of 16 feet is in effect through the tentative finish date of July 3.
What a Globe Gazette News+ membership can do for you:
- A deeper examination of local issues than you'll find anywhere else.
- Two products in one – not everything that's in the print edition of the Globe Gazette is on our website, and not everything on our website is in the print edition.
- Access to newspapers.com archives dating back two years.
- The ability to carry your local news with you and receive alerts instantly as news unfolds.
- Advertising that frequently gets you deals you won't find anywhere else.
You can join here (https://bit.ly/2PtWJs1) for as little as $5 a month.