OSAGE | The United Methodist Women are serving Lenten luncheons again this year.
The theme of the devotionals being presented, by representatives of area ministries, is the Beatitudes.
The lunches are open to the public and are served at 11:45 a.m. every Thursday, during Lent, at the First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 819 Main St., Osage. The cost is $5.
This year's schedule for the services/meals include:
* Thursday, March 14, Pastor Jonny Olson, Osage Alliance Church, will speak on Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are those who thirst and hunger for righteousness for they will be filled."
You have free articles remaining.
. The menu is Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and Bars.
* Thursday, March 21, Pastor Bryan Odeen, Our Savior's Lutheran Church. He will speak from Matthew 5:3 - "The poor in spirit." The menu is Chicken Noodle Soup, Cheesy Biscuits and Bars.
* Thursday, March 28, Pastor Cindy Krause, Our Savior's Lutheran Church. She will speak from Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." The menu is Vegetable Beep Soup, French Bread and Bars.
* Thursday, April 4, Pastor Catherine Belles, Eden Presbyterian Church. She will speak from Matthew 5:8, "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." The menu is Tomato Soup, Cheese Sandwich and Bars.
* Thursday, April 11, Father Raymond Burkle, Sacred Heart Catholic Church. He will speak on "Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you falsely because of me." The menu is Corn & Potato Chowder Soup, Ham Salad Sandwich and Bars.