As Mason City workers are addressing sidewalk maintenance issues in the downtown area, the town's municipal band is having to adjust.
This week's Mason City Municipal Band concert will be played inside Southbridge Mall at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday. That's instead of the regular shows out on the mall plaza to the north of Southbridge because of construction to replace paving stones.
While the project is starting on the plaza end of downtown Mason City, it will eventually move outward and away from Southbridge.
You have free articles remaining.
Though Mason City Operation & Maintenance Manager Bill Stangler said that there isn't a specific completion date set, that's not a major concern for the Mason City Municipal Band as the Thursday night performance is the last one listed for the year. There are still four remaining Clear Lake Municipal Band shows.
What a Globe Gazette News+ membership can do for you:
- A deeper examination of local issues than you'll find anywhere else.
- Two products in one – not everything that's in the print edition of the Globe Gazette is on our website, and not everything on our website is in the print edition.
- Access to newspapers.com archives dating back two years.
- The ability to carry your local news with you and receive alerts instantly as news unfolds.
- Advertising that frequently gets you deals you won't find anywhere else.
You can join here (https://bit.ly/2PtWJs1) for as little as $5 a month.