Hancock County Economic Development relooks at our planning every three years so we can meet the needs of our businesses and communities.
First we need to remember our Mission and Vision for Hancock County Economic Development. Our mission is to be dedicated to facilitating economic development strategies that promote and secure opportunities for business retention, growth, and the attraction of new industries that create quality jobs for community residents.
Our Vision is to be the lead economic development organization located in Hancock County that demonstrates leadership, collaboration, and ingenuity to enhance the business climate, business and employment base, while promoting the unique and identifiable assets of the Hancock County area, with the purpose of creating wealth and being the model of a results-driven organization.
To continue its successful economic development efforts, Hancock County Economic Development and key community leaders have developed a three-year Action/Work plan.
Although there are many strategies and action items, they all focus on reaching the following specific three-year initiatives:
• Retain and expand the existing business base in Hancock County.
• Assist with employee attraction and retention for companies and communities that are struggling to attract talented employees with the critical skills that are needed to fill workforce needs.
• Establish and reinforce the image of Hancock County as a “pro-growth” location within the North Central Iowa Region.
• Market the inventory of “shovel-ready” industrial and commercial sites/acres in Hancock County.
• Increase the interest (measured by contacts, visitations, etc.) amongst strategic targeted companies in Hancock County.
• Be a support network for Hancock County entrepreneurs.
• Market and utilize the Hancock County Revolving Loan Fund to be able to incentivize economic development projects in the County.
How do we meet these initiatives? HCEDC has put together what we think are some key tactics for Success; 1.) Retain, Support and Expand Existing Industries & Entrepreneurial Growth, 2.) Business Attraction & Marketing, 3.) Workforce retention, 4.) Deliver a High Quality, Results Driven Service System investors.
We envision Hancock County in 2021 as a community making things happen, where existing businesses grow, where corporations, entrepreneurs and small businesses flourish, and where new significant companies have found a new home.
In addition, we envision Hancock County’s competitive position in 2021 as greatly enhanced, where we have become a “community of choice” for current and prospective residents, companies, investors, and where our workforce is gainfully employed. We are convinced the best way to achieve these goals and our vision is to implement this new, bold plan of action.
Hancock County Economic Development knows communities that are successful in today’s climate are those that embrace an economic development strategy centered around issues of place, access, affordability, and innovations.
HCEDC needs your partnership to make this happen. Hancock County Economic Development Corporations LLC is a 501 C (6) non-profit organization.
From 5-7 p.m., on Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018 Hancock County Economic Development will be have a “Make Contact” Event at Duncan Community Ballroom.
This event will provide businesses and community leaders an opportunity to talk with Board Members and Director about the HCEDC 2019-2021 Action Plan.
This will a casual/social event hosted by Clear Lake Bank and Trust and Music with Dariel. Please RSVP to director@ hancockcountyiowa.com or call 641-430-4023.