Skip to main contentSkip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
alert top story

CG Public Health daily statement

  • Updated
  • 0
CG Public Health new look

Cerro Gordo Public Health is going to put out a daily statement of updates. 

March 17 statement from Brian Hanft, Director of Public Health:

Iowa now has 23 cases of COVID-19, announced 3/16/2020. No confirmed cases in any northern Iowa counties as of 3/17/2020.

CG Public Health is communicating daily with key organizations, such as MercyOne North Iowa, involved in preparedness and response to ensure staffing and resources are maintained. A lot of individuals are coming to the Emergency department (ED) with mild symptoms, wanting to be tested. If you’re having mild symptoms, please self-isolate and recover at home regardless if it’s for a cold, flu or COVID-19.

Data shows 80% of cases are considered mild. Monitor your symptoms closely. If symptoms drastically worsen, call 641-428-7777 for screening prior to being seen by a medical professional. Coming into the ED strains the healthcare resources needed to treat the other 20% vulnerable population impacted by COVID-19. Going to the ED puts you and others at risk to spread and contract illness. Stay home when you don’t feel well. This is key to flattening the curve.

Online learning activities and resources for North Iowa kids
0 Comments

Concerned about COVID-19?

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

The Forest City Council has declared a state of emergency in light of the coronavirus community spread in the State of Iowa, and has implemented new emergency procedures for contagious diseases.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News