Music of the season, and Christmas lights will get us in the holiday spirit. Take a break and enjoy the sights and sounds of the season.
• Mannheim Steamroller Christmas will be at 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19, at the North Iowa Community Auditorium on the NIACC campus, part of the 2017-2018 Performing Arts and Leadership Series for the 20th anniversary season.
Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis, a holiday favorite, is back by popular demand. It marks the 32nd anniversary of the Christmas Tour and release of Mannheim Steamroller Christmas, an album that revolutionized the Holiday Season music category.
To learn more, visit www.mannheimsteamroller.com, or watch a video at http://www.niacc.edu/palvideos. Tickets are at the NIACC Box Office, 1-888-466-4222, extension 4188, and online at www.niacc.edu/boxoffice.
• Una Vocis Choral Ensemble will present “What Is This Light?” at 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, at Holy Family Catholic Church, 714 N. Adams, Mason City. The concert will feature Christmas music and some audience participation on favorite carols. The ensemble will be joined by instrumentalists Kristin Maahs on harp, Skyler Lee on oboe, Ken Bahls on cello, and Mary Jane Crail on piano and organ, and will feature children's choir, NordKor. A "sweets and savories” reception will follow. the concert.
Advance tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students at Soyphisticated Candles, The Electrician, 641-423-1867, and online at www.unavocis.org. Tickets at the door are $12 and $6.
• “Holiday Tour of Lights” continues through Christmas Eve at Heritage Park of North Iowa in Forest City. Admission is a free will donation, and funds will be distributed among non-profit volunteer organizations and Heritage Park.
The drive through displays are open 6-9 p.m. Friday through Sunday until Dec. 10, and 6-9 p.m. nightly, Dec. 15-24. A special evening features a candlelight church service at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, followed by a soup supper at 7 in Beaver Creek Church located on the park's grounds.
• Charles City Art Center's Holiday Market is open Friday nights, Dec. 8 and 15, with entertainment. For information, call 641-228-6284.
• Live Holiday Music returns to the Mason City Public Library after the Christmas holidays. Music will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Library Commons. Performers are Michael Betz, Tuesday, Dec. 26; Sam Crosser, Wednesday, Dec. 27, and Paul Weitzel and the Hats, Thursday, Dec. 28.