MASON CITY - Visit Mason City has awarded grants to the following organizations through its Visit Mason City Tourism Marketing Grant Program.
• Mid American Youth Basketball Association Basketball Tournament for brochures, $156.
• Regional Duplicate Bridge Club Unit 163 Tournament for welcome reception, $614.
• Charles H. MacNider Art Museum for brochures, $364.
• Historic Park Inn for advertisement, $738.
• North Iowa Band Festival for brochures and website, $590.
• Mason City Lodging Association for Winter Dance Party Shuttle Service, $338.
• Mohawk Archery Club Indoor Amateur 3-D Shootout for brochure, website and advertisements, $1200.
The grant funds are estimated to assist in attracting nearly 24,000 visitors to the community generating an estimated $2.6 million in visitor spending over the course of the next year. In addition, the program will attract nearly $5,000 in private marketing funds promoting the area as a visitor destination.
The next round of applications for the tourism marketing grant program are due by 4 p.m. Feb. 2, 2012.