Eight North Iowa nonprofit organizations will receive funding from the Elizabeth Muse Norris Charitable Fund and six more will receive money from the Lorraine and Ray Rorick Fund, Lee Endowment Foundation administrators announced.
Total disbursements from the Muse Norris fund were $30,758 for 2017.
This year’s recipients are:
- Clear Lake Middle and Elementary School Band, $3,000
- Elderbridge Aging Agency, $3,000
- Francis Lauer Youth Services, Carpets for Kids, $1,349
- KCMR, $4,000
- Mason City Schools Instrumental Music Boosters, $3,250
- NIACC, Performing Arts and Leadership Series, $5,000
- North Iowa Band Festival, $1,000
- Plymouth Area Fire Association, Inc., $1,150
Administrators split $2,171.50 from the Rorick Fund among:
- United Way of North Iowa, $217.15
- Christmas Cheer Fund, $217.15
- First Presbyterian Church, Mason City, $434.30
- Winnebago Council Boy Scouts, $434.30
- Simpson College, $434.30
- St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, Tucson, Ariz., $434.30
Additionally, administrators approved $4,666 from the Will F. Muse Scholarship Fund to North Iowa Area Community College.
Elizabeth Muse Norris was the daughter of former Globe Gazette publisher Will F. Muse, and Ray Rorick was another former Globe Gazette publisher. Following Elizabeth Muse Norris’ death in 1983, stock certificates left in her name were used to form the foundation. Its mission is to “preserve the family’s memory and to ensure that funding for worthwhile community programs would continue” in North Iowa.
Applications for distributions must be made by March 31, 2018. The application form can be downloaded from www.musenorris.com.