HAMPTON | Taxes in Franklin County will increase slightly under the 2015-16 fiscal year budget approved by county supervisors.
The overall tax levy will increase from $10.37 to $10.49 per $1,000 valuation. Specifically, the county levy will be $6.54 per $1,000 valuation and the rural levy $3.95 per valuation.
The current county levy is $6.42 and the rural levy is $3.95 per $1,000 valuation.
In other business, supervisors approved the Franklin County Compensation Board's recommended wage increases for elected officials.
• County Attorney Brent Symens's salary will increase $1,000 to $62,650.
• Auditor Michelle Giddings's salary will increase $2,000 to $58,600.
• Recorder Toni Wilkinson and Treasurer Chad Murray's salaries will increase $2,000 to $56,900.
• Sheriff Larry Richtsmeier's salary will increase $2,400 to $73,250.
• Supervisors Gary McVicker, Michael Nolte and Corey Eberling's salaries will increase $1,100 to $35,050. The chairman will receive an additional $750 stipend.
— Laura Bird