Fire weblogo

The Clear Lake Fire Department and others responded to a structure fire at about 4:10 a.m. Saturday near downtown Clear Lake.

Fourteen firefighters and two medics from CLFD dispatched to the fire at 908 7th Ave. N, which appeared to be caused by an electrical failure in the building, according to a press release from the department.

No one was injured, and estimated damage to the building is over $25,000. There were no smoke detectors in the house.

Clear Lake Police officers were first to get to the building, and saw heavy smoke along the roofline, according to the press release. When CLFD arrived, they entered through the back door and found the fire in the entry way wall and attic. They quickly extinguished the blaze, and spent about 90 minutes at the house.

The CLFD was assisted by the Clear Lake Police Department, Ventura Fire Department and Alliant Energy.

Contact Steve at 641-421-0527 or on Twitter @Steve_Bohnel.

2
0
1
11
0

Reporter

Load comments