ALBERT LEA, Minn. | Three North Iowans were arrested this week after the Albert Lea Police Department sting to prevent sex trafficking.
According to a news release, the following were arrested for gross misdemeanor prostitution in a public place:
• David Roy Bird, 49, Mason City.
• Scott Michael Green, 33, Clear Lake.
• Margaret Mae Legler, 34, Cerro Gordo.
• Janis Amanda Gross, 31, St. Charles, Minnesota.
• Cass Mattew Remmert, 45, Waseca, Minnesota.
The charge is the penalty for hiring, offering to hire or agreeing to hire a person 18 or older for prostitution.
Court dates haven't been set yet.