FOREST CITY | Forest City High School received 10 Division I ratings at the State Large Group Speech Contest on Feb. 3 in Decorah and had one group chosen to participate in the Large Group All-State Speech Festival.
The junior varsity Choral Reading group of Christiana Archer, Brady Anderson, Devin Alamsya, Ivy Olson, Alex Brahm, Olivia Gayther, Ethan Suby, Savanna Rocha and Alec Hill was invited to the All-State festival, which will take place on Feb. 17 in Ames.
Being chosen for All State is the highest honor a high school speech student can receive in Iowa.
Out of approximately 200 choral readings starting at the district competition level in January, the festival will highlight only 20 from the entire state, including the junior varsity group from Forest City.
The following varsity groups from FCHS received Division I ratings at state:
• Choral Reading -- Jacob Welton, Thone Golwitzer, Kennedy Klein, Micah Lambert, Cole Anderson, Ryan Theel, Lyndee Jones, Isabel Redinger, Natalie Jefson, Jasmine Sanasinh, Danica Bang, Olivia Sarasio Meyer, Riley Helgeson, and Calvin Aberg.
• Reader’s Theater -- Spenser Larson, Caidyn Kruse, Jacob Olson, Melissa Wilson, Emma Segerstrom, Madi Korthals, Cora Holland, Abby Wirtjes, Jasmine Sanasinh, Olivia Gibbs, Corah Hauser, Jessa Loges, Drake Bang, Maria Vazquez, and Matthew Rossmiller.
• Group Improv -- Greta Oulman, Brianna Carlson, Carter Jenkins, and Levi Wood.
• Ensemble Acting -- Madeline Sarasio Meyer, Isabel Redinger, Elsa Yeager, Meggie Kleveland, Christy Mettry, and Alyssa Buffington.
• Group Mime -- Kwan Muangjaila and Alyssa Buffington.
• Group Mime -- Estrella Mata, Carena Luchega, and Moran Hobbs.
• Short Film -- Sam Redinger, Shaden Tweeten, Matthew Rossmiller, Makayla Vogt, Andrew Olson, Skylar Hall, and GT Howd.
• TV News -- Jacob Olson, Riley Helgeson, Olivia Gibbs, Calvin Aberg, Seth May, Meggie Kleveland, Drake Bang, Ryan Theel, Anna Lehmann, Ian Bennett, and Ethan Torkelson.
• Radio News -- Estrella Mata, Ethan Torkelson, and Danica Bang.
The following varsity groups received Division II ratings:
• One Act -- Spenser Larson, Chris Jermeland, Madison Kleveland, Josie Edel, Madi Korthals, Madeline Sarasio Meyer, Laura Buffington, Ian Bennett, and Ellie Reece.
• Group Improv -- Thone Golwitzer, Jacob Welton, and Trey Blaser.
Group Improv -- Hailey O’Toole, Payton Shepard, Derek Garcia, Skylar Hall, and Sophia Kudej.
Ensemble Acting -- Danica Bang, Vicky Chen, Taylor Tendall, Andrew Olson, Crisia Doroteo, and Morgan Hobbs.
• Musical Theater -- Emma Segerstrom, Sarah Hovinga, Cole Anderson, and Micaiah Krutsinger.
The following junior varsity groups received Division II ratings:
• Reader’s Theater -- Emalee Warren, Kennedy Baker, Rachel Vogt, Brady Anderson, Heather Kite, Lillian Ruiter, Savanna Rocha, Kaitlyn Chen, Olivia Gayther, Brice Golwitzer, Alex Brahm, and Devin Alamsya.
• Radio News -- Michael Olson, Heather Kite, Alec Hill, and Ivy Olson.