Revel in fall, and all things Halloween, plus great music, theater and art. Mark your calendars, and we'll see you there.
• CreativeSynergy presents "Creativity + Common Channels," at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10, focusing on the new exhibit at the Clear Lake Arts Center. Meet the artists as they discuss their exhibit that celebrates Ledges State Park, one of Iowa’s hidden gems. An Artists' Walk-about is at 5:30, followed by a panel discussion. It is free and open to the public. Registration is appreciated but not required; call 641-357-1998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rodgers & Hammerstein's “Cinderella” opens Oct. 11 at Stebens Children’s Theatre, 616 N. Delaware Ave., Mason City. Performances are 7 p.m. Oct. 11, 12 and 18; 5 and 7 p.m. Oct. 14; 2 p.m. Oct. 15 and 22. 6 p.m. Oct. 19 and 6 and 8 p.m. Oct. 20.
Tickets for the musical are $13 for adults and $10 for youth 18 and under, available at the theater 1-5 p.m. weekdays, 641-424-9802.
• Laurie Ryan Borgman, a fabric artist who uses vintage material to create pillows, is the artist of the month at Art on the Plaza, 11 S. Federal Ave. The public is invited to meet Borgman from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12. Light refreshments will be served.
• The Anderson Brothers will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12, in E.B. Stillman Auditorium, 1601 Third Ave. N., for the next Clear Lake Area Concert Association show.
Virtuosos on clarinet and saxophone, Peter and Will Anderson have headlined at The Blue Note, Jazz at Lincoln Center, the Kennedy Center and New Orleans Jazz Festival. Along with guitarist Alex Wintz, they provide a fresh perspective to classic pop and jazz tunes.
Season memberships are $45 adult, $15 student and $95 for a family, available at the door, the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, the Clear Lake Arts Center, or by calling 641-357-6518. Single event passes are $25 at the door.
• Michael Feinstein: Celebrating the Crooners – Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Bing Crosby, & Others, will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, at the North Iowa Community Auditorium, as part of the NIACC Performing Arts and Leadership Series' 20th Anniversary Season. Tickets are available at the NIACC Box Office at 1-888-466-4222, extension 4188, and online at www.niacc.edu/boxoffice.
• Bolan Schoolhouse & Cultural Center will host “Pancakes & Pumpkins” fundraiser from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 14. A free-will donation for pancakes and picking a pumpkin from the patch will go toward operating expenses for the restored/renovated 1923 Barton No. 2 School. There will also be new railroad memorabilia displayed by Joe Nydegger.
• Charles H. MacNider Art Museum's popular fall fundraiser, Artoberfest, is 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 20. Tickets are $40 at Moorman Clothiers, HyVee East and West, and the museum. This is a 21 and over event.
The event will feature a variety of brews from all over the Midwest, a delicious assortment of food, more than 80 silent auction items, and a live auction, which includes dinners, artwork, and one-of-a- kind experiences. Entertainment will be by area favorite The Mockingbirds, featuring Rich Mock, Tina Mock and Nate Benzing.
• Rudd Haunted House opens Oct. 20 in the Rudd School, 205 Floyd St. Hours are 6:30-11 p.m. Oct. 20-21 and 27-28. Cost is $7. It is not recommended for children under 10. There is a kids' maze, game room and mini haunted house for kids, and the kitchen is open from 5 to 11 each night.
• Heartland Museum in Clarion will present “Voices from the Past, A “Spirited” Conversation" from 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 21. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. The program is given by the “spirits” of early settlers and surveyors of Wright County. The museum is located at 119 Ninth St. S.W.
• "Murder on the Bridges of Mitchell County" Fundraiser Dinner for the Saint Ansgar Bike Share Bike Repair Shop at South Square is 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, at South Square, 202 S. Washington St., St. Ansgar, hosted by Sherrie Hansen. Tickets are adults $30, youth age 12 and under, $20, available from Bridal Theater, Blue Belle Inn, area businesses and banks or any START committee member.
• The third annual United in Praise Concert of Churches will be 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 22, at Clear Lake United Methodist Church. Musicians from Clear Lake, Ventura and Mason City area churches will participate, with solos and ensembles, including the NordKor Children’s Choir, and a massed choir finale. Free-will offering for Interfaith Fellowship for Community Action (IFCA).