AMES | Nearly 20 West Hancock Middle School students and 18 projects participated in the State Science and Technology Fair of Iowa on March 22 and 23 in Ames.
The students advanced to the state science fair after receiving a score of 89.5 and above at the West Hancock science fair in February.
Those receiving awards:
- Paige Kudej earned first place in eighth grade and second overall in behavioral science. She is also eligible to participate in Broadcom MASTERS, a national applied science and engineering competition for the top 10 percent of middle school science fair students.
- Leah Aitchison received an honorable mention in biomedical.
- Matt Larson earned an honorable mention in mathematics and engineering.
- Parker Hiscocks received an honorable mention in behavioral science.
- Kennedy Kelly earned the 4-H Excellence in Communications Award.
Others who competed at the state science fair were: Bailey Gear, Isabella Rosin, Zack Monson, Jackson Johnson, Kamryn Eckels, Brighton Kudej, Morgan Francis, Dru Hagen, Shelby Goepel, Rylan Barnes, Rhett Eisenman, Cooper Eden, Corrina King, Makenzie Erdahl, Olivia Moore, Sydney Myers, Scout Johanson, Quinn Harle and Samantha Spellins.