Individuals interested in filing for office in Hancock and Winnebago counties can now do so.
The last day to file nomination papers in both counties is at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28. If more than one person from the same party files for any given office, a primary election will be held on June 5 to determine who will be on the general election ballot in November.
In Hancock County, offices on the ballot are:
• Two supervisor seats, currently held by Florence “Sis” Greiman and Ron Sweers
• Attorney, currently held by Blake Norman
• Recorder, currently held by Tracy L. Marshall
• Treasurer, currently held by Deb Engstler
In Winnebago County, offices on the ballot are:
• Treasurer, currently held by Julie Swenson
• Recorder, currently held by Kristin Colby
• District 1 Supervisor, currently held by Terry Durby
• District 3 Supervisor, currently held by Bill Jensvold
• Attorney, which will be held by Kelsey Beenken starting March 19 appointed by the Winnebago County Board last week.
Nomination forms and information about signature and filing requirements are available at the county auditor's offices in Hancock County at 855 State St. in Garner and in Winnebago County at 126 S. Clark St. in Forest City. Hancock County Auditor Michelle Eisenman can be reached at 641-923-3163 or email@example.com. Winnebago County Auditor Karla Weiss can be reached at 641-585-3412 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hancock County Auditor’s Office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the Winnebago County Auditor’s Office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.